kalk+vinegar

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! A quick summary would be cool also! For us that get overwhelmed when we see stuff like this cA-/+00123 haha

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the equation is just a starting point. You can increase the 3 teaspoon limit of kalk per gallon by using those equation.

The actual dissolution of Ca(OH)2 is limited by the multiplication product of the calcium and hydroxide concentrations in the limewater

Basically 3 teaspoon per gallon of kalk to 45 ml of vinegar. As a starting point. Word to the wise do this gradually. The idea is that this will increase beneficial bacteria. But it might increase alge growth.
Basically that's just shy of a cup of vinegar ( 11ml short of a cup) per 5 gallon bucket of ro/di mixed with 5 tablespoon of kalk.( 5 tablespoon is 15 teaspoons) It does dramatically increase available calcium in the solution and can bridge the gap between going from kalk to another method. It might also turn you water slightly yellow. Using this method with ozone has added benefits as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back