Kalkwasser Dose

Maelstroem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have a Red Sea Max Nano rated at 70 litres inc rear sump.
I believe I have roughly 60 litres of salt water after rock sand equipment displacement.
I keep only LPS at the moment plus the usual CuC ( snails, hermits, and a tuxedo urchin, + 2 Shrimp ).
I lose about 0.5dkh per day. I have been using 'Zlements All One' to try top keep on top of the loss ( manually ).

I am wanting to use a Kalkwasser drip in place of this , I have purchased a Kamoer X1 Pro 2 micropump and a purpose built
Kalk container ( only 2 litre capacity ) and I have purchased a tub of 'Seachem Reef Kalkwasser' powder , I understand the
ingredient saturation I require in the Kalk container but what I would like to know if possible is how many 'ml' of this sulution would I
need to drip per 24 hours to maintain my tank water at the 9dkh I have at the moment.
Basically how much ml to raise / maintain 0.5dkh per 24 hours.

I have checked out the calculator someone linked in an earlier post on a similar topic but under the 'Product Used' listing the 'Seachem Reef Kalkwasser' is not specifically listed although 4 Seachem products are listed on it I have no idea which one pertains to the product I have if any.
My PH usually varies between 7.9 at worst to 8.35 at best. I run my skimmer intake air through a cartridge of 'Intersurgical CO2 absorbent granules' to lower the CO2 in the tank to protect the PH a little.

P.S. I hope I posted this in the correct place - appologies if not.

Thanks
Kalk.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All kalkwasser or limewater (limewater is the english word for it, kalkwasser is the german word for it) is the same potency when saturated. So use the entry for saturated limewater:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back