Kalkwasser dosing advice

WTJReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Im pretty new to reefing (9 months) but have had some relative success in a short amount of time with my system, at the same time my alk and Ca consumption has gone up quite a bit - especially since the coralline algae really decided to kick off

I bought some kalkwasser the other day in hopes of simplifying my dosing schedule and improving stability. I’m manually dosing alkalinity 2-3 times a week at the moment.

I was going to just add the kalkwasser to my ATO, but must admit after doing a bit of research I’m a bit intimidated by it and all the conflicting views about putting it in the ATO. I definitely don’t want to self destruct and will err on the side of caution until I can get a pH controller and dedicated doser
Can anyone give me some tips and insight?

pH 8.2
Average Alk consumption per day 0.4dKH
Target Alk 9.5
Calcium at last test 390ppm (my salt comes out at about 400ppm)
Magnesium 1280-1300ppm

image.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, we do not use Kalkwasser but thinking about using it for Alk and Ca dosing in our newly set up 190. If we do, we will be setting it up and using a Kamoer to pump directly into the sump and slightly modifying the Kalkwasser reactor to maintain levels.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back