Kalkwasser needed for soft corals?

Jared's Little Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey finally getting back into the saltwater aquarium hobby after a few years hiatus. Would kalkwasser dosing provide any benefit for soft corals?
Tank: nuvo 20 Gallon
Lighting: prime Hd
Main flow: mp10

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping ALL your tank parameters as close to NSW as possible is what we all strive for. The closer you can maintain parameters the better for all organisms and the better your coralline will grow.

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since quitting SPS, I really haven’t paid much attention to my water chemistry
In the last couple of years. Mostly due to near depression concerning the tank and ready to leave the hobby.

I recently checked Alk and Ca and was shocked at how low the Alk was (5.5).

Anyway, since getting things back in line everything looks better and I can see more growth.

I’m going to restart my kalk top off reservoir (similar to what Randy Farley Holmes uses) to get some better stability plus increase pH.

I’m actually kind of pumped about doing softies (which I used to turn my nose up over). I just don’t have time to keep an SPS tank up. My job is too demanding

Softies and gorgonians have nice movement, color plus they aren’t demanding. If things get hectic at work or out of town for a few months, I don’t have to worry about loosing everything in the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back