Kalkwasser reactor setup

Javierati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

question about Kalkwasser reactor setup.
I’m having issues maintaining Alk and pH up and thus I’m pumping a lot of water through the Kalkwasser reactor to maintain stability with Alk and pH.

my calcium levels are 550. Alk 8.3. pH 7.95

The problem is that I’m pumping RODI water and it is much more than what evaporates, so I need to pull water out so it does not overflow.

I also have Ca reactor which is connected to a main line of saltwater and I drip back the water to the tank.

Should I connect the OUT of the Ca reactor to the IN of the Kalkwasser reactor so that I can pump unlimited amount of water (saltwater) through the Kalkwasser. And then do a ATO only for the RODI water ?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to put saltwater into the kalk reactor. You will precipitate out the carbonates in your saltwater.

You can use kalk up to the evaporation rate of your tank. Then your calcium reactor should be able to supply the remainder of calcium and alkalinity requirements.

I personally dose kalk just under the minimum evaporation rate. Then use 2 part to control the remaining alkalinity and calcium requirement. My ATO will add RODI as necessary.

Alternately, you could use your ATO through your kalk reactor, then further adjust calcium and alkalinity with your calcium reactor.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back