Kalkwasser Reactor / Stirrer Suggestions

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that use them, which one do you like and why? What size tank do you have? My tank is roughly 300 gallons.

I am thinking about the Avast Marine K1. A friend has one and likes it. How much flow do you typically put through these? I've only ever added kalk to my top off water.

gjefcoat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Avast Marine K2 running with a BRS 50ml peristaltic pump. It is all controlled thru the Apex 2016. using 4 float switches. The stirrer motor runs for 5 minutes before the pump turns on to add water. This save on the motor wearing out to fast. Total water volume is about 500 gallons. Average evaporation is around 10 gallons per day. I add about 1 teaspoon of BRS Pharma Kalk to the reactor each day. Clean the reactor out about every 2 weeks. But have gone as long as 6 weeks a few times. Absolutely love most all of the Avast products.

gjefcoat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Avast Marine K2 running with a BRS 50ml peristaltic pump. It is all controlled thru the Apex 2016. using 4 float switches. The stirrer motor runs for 5 minutes before the pump turns on to add water. This save on the motor wearing out to fast. Total water volume is about 500 gallons. Average evaporation is around 10 gallons per day. I add about 1 teaspoon of BRS Pharma Kalk to the reactor each day. Clean the reactor out about every 2 weeks. But have gone as long as 6 weeks a few times. Absolutely love most all of the Avast products.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You have to add to the reactor every day? I may need to rethink this as I'm not looking for every day maintenance.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to add to the reactor every day? I may need to rethink this as I'm not looking for every day maintenance.

Just out a lot in the rodi will can max saturation as it mixes.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the kalk reactor igets rodi pumped in then stirred and the saturated kalk gets pushed out to tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back