Kalkwasser + two parts solutions, safe?

Jé123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was wondering if it was safe to dose both Kalkwasser and two parts solutions. I am currently dosing Kalkwasser via my ATO at maximum saturation (2 tsp per gallon) and my alkalinity is still dropping by approximately 0.3 dKH a day. My aquarium has LPS and SPS corals and its a 20 gallons. I was wondering if I could use two parts to compensate that 0.3 dKH a day to improve stability. I would like to keep dosing Kalkwasser because it keeps my pH around 8.2-8.3.

Thanks for the replies!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What two part brand would you recommend?

I like ESV B-ionic if you have the money for a premium brand.

I'd make a DIY if you want to spend less. You can make a whole range of different recipes that have different impacts on pH, from none to a lot.

OP
OP
Jé123

Jé123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ESV B-ionic if you have the money for a premium brand.

I'd make a DIY if you want to spend less. You can make a whole range of different recipes that have different impacts on pH, from none to a lot.

Yeah I looked up and I saw B-ionic and it seems great. Would this alone affect pH? I wouldn’t want a higher pH because of the Kalkwasser.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I looked up and I saw B-ionic and it seems great. Would this alone affect pH? I wouldn’t want a higher pH because of the Kalkwasser.
Check out BRS 2 part also. I buy it in bulk. Very affordable that way. I use the soda ash version of the alkalinity supplement. I also dose kalk. If you are worked about too high of a pH you can use the sodium bicarbonate version of the 2 part.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESV sells two types of B-ionic, one that raises pH a little and one that does not (B-ionic Bicarbonate).

What is your pH range daily?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back