KAMOER ATO

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Does anyone know if you can install the KAMOER ATO without the float sensor?

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The float sensor is attached directly to the control so removing it is not really an option. You can always just put it off to the side away from the water. Just make sure that there is no chance that it can fall or the valve be pushed up , but it's not a big deal even if it does, it'll just stop the ATO and make some noise. For my evo I just used the magnet and attached it to this hook under my stand.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why you would want to do that?

I researched for days the best ato that dosnt cost to much and read great review saying the first model had 3 back up like the tunze so I decided on the newer version because it says the pump cuts off if no reservoir runs dry, so Ilike that feature and choose that one

The first one has float switches but I only see two. I know both models have an option to add a third but cant find a float switch when I google it!

I am now reding alot of reviews about it not being so great and lots of problems!

I am about to just get the tunze because I see an auction on a new one going off pretty cheap so far anyway! At the same time I am thinking since I have nano tanks and small resiviors do I even need to worry so much about a flood! Maybe i'll just get a cheapie then my third thought is I may dose kalkwasser and that could be a big problem with a malfunction!

What to do! LOL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back