Kamoer Dosers - question

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I picked up a Kamoer X1 Pro 2 doser - included in the box are 2 white barbed plastic inserts that go into the in and out tubing of the pump head. Does it matter which end of the insert goes into the tubing? I must be going crazy, but each end of the inserts don't look the same.

Thanks

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off the top of my head, the smaller end goes into the clear(ish) tubing sticking out of the pump head and the larger side goes into the included orange tubing. But I think it works either way. You'll be able to tell. It should take a decent amount of force to push in and even more to remove.

In the end, however, just do whatever works. You can use different adapters if you want to connect it to a different size hose. One thing to watch out for is that if there's a clog on the outlet side (ie alkalinity/calcium clogging up the end), it will sometimes create enough pressure cause leaks at the fittings or even pop them apart. You can use zip ties or clamps to help hold the tubes onto the inserts but (and I say this with experience) make sure liquid is exiting the end of the line before spending too much time troubleshooting the connectors.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back