Kamoer F4 Pro wi-fi setup problem

patriot dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new F4 Pro.

I have seen a few others mention online and in product reviews the setup stopping at 60% using router method but I have not seen others post that the KaomerXXXXXXX temporary wifi network will not show up when using the app method. It is as if my dosing pump simply does not project/transmit this device specific network for setup purposes. As I mentioned above the router method does not work either.

I am sure the dosing pump is great, the reviews are all good, but I can't get past the wi-fi setup, I have a normal 2G network. Wi-Fi setup either stops at 60% using the router method or does not transmit a temporary Kamoer network during App setup that I can link to. I have tried over and over again using both methods. I am typically good at this sort of thing but the system will not complete in either method (Router or App). I just recently set up a Kessil light without issue using a very similar, if not identical procedure to the Kamoer app setup method. I have followed online setup videos, followed the provided kamoer instructions exactly. I have tried and re-tried both methods, reset my wi-fi, confirmed connectivity, deleted and reinstalled the app on multiple devices, scanned the QR code, re-confirmed network name and password, reset, re-powered both the Kamoer F4, iphone, ipad, another iphone and the Doser will not transmit the temporary Kamoer network for binding or link to my network (stops trying at 60%).

I have not been able to find a solution to this problem anywhere and without being able to get it connect to wifi, it will not work. I do wish it had a way for hardwired setup or bluetooth but I'm sure wifi works for most.

Many thanks,

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem with mine not projecting the Kamoer wifi and unable to login to my WiFi. I did have one doser work no problem but the second will not connect.

OP
OP
P

patriot dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Michael,
I sent an email yesterday to [email protected] but tried first submitting a ticket online, but the ticket submit process never would complete. That may have been a problem on my end but I tried different browsers. Thank you for your help, I'd love to get this resolved quickly.

Regards,

Adam

OP
OP
P

patriot dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to follow up, Coralvue is sending a new replacement F4 doser, they are testing it before sending, to resolve the problem. They have been quick to help and I want to make sure others are aware of the good service I have received.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had the same problem, stopped at 60%. I was using the same SSID for my 5 and 2.5Ghz networks. I gave the 2.5 a new SSID and it connected without a problem. Plus I can still access it on my phone which is connected to the 5Ghz network on the same router.

OP
OP
P

patriot dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had the same problem, stopped at 60%. I was using the same SSID for my 5 and 2.5Ghz networks. I gave the 2.5 a new SSID and it connected without a problem. Plus I can still access it on my phone which is connected to the 5Ghz network on the same router.
I do have a small 5g network that I am not able to turn off (according to cable/wi-fi provider) but that is not the network that I was using for this doser. I was specifically entering the 2G network name and password and that is different from our 5G network name that we do not use. The other and main issue is that the doser itself would not provide a temporary "KaomerXXXXXX" network for the other connection method ("app method", Similar to Kessil and many other wi-fi connected devices) This process gets around having to enter network name and allows the unit itself to find your network and all you need is to enter the password. I did not have this option.

OP
OP
P

patriot dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WiFi connection was never able to get resolved. Fortunately, I was able to return it. I hope others are able to have success, but we tried everything under the sun to no avail. I wish I could recommend this doser but can't based only on my experience. It sounds like it works either really well or is never able to be connected by WiFi (only way to use) by others. Unfortunately, that was my experience.

markster27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Michael,
I sent an email yesterday to [email protected] but tried first submitting a ticket online, but the ticket submit process never would complete. That may have been a problem on my end but I tried different browsers. Thank you for your help, I'd love to get this resolved quickly.

Regards,

Adam
I am having the same issue on a new F4 that was delivered yesterday. My first F4 is working great so have no idea why this one is not connecting at all.

markster27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WiFi connection was never able to get resolved. Fortunately, I was able to return it. I hope others are able to have success, but we tried everything under the sun to no avail. I wish I could recommend this doser but can't based only on my experience. It sounds like it works either really well or is never able to be connected by WiFi (only way to use) by others. Unfortunately, that was my experience.
@patriot dude , @Pkunk35

Sorry you having problems! Our team of experts will get you back on track... no worries!

Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. Likewise, you can email us directly at [email protected]. One of the reps will be able to help you efficiently. Thank you!
I am having the same issue on a new F4 that was delivered yesterday. My first F4 is working great so have no idea why this one is not connecting at all.

PaulMen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the same for me here in Australia. ☹️ My supplier took it back after trying every thing to connect.

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread. Has anyone else experienced this issue lately. Mine lost connectivity and won’t reconnect. Contacted coralvue and they told me I need a new power supply to fix the issue. It seems really strange that would be the solution to the problem but it’s apparently a known issue. I’ve reluctantly ordered one hoping it’s the fix but can anyone verify if this actually fixed theirs?

markster27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread. Has anyone else experienced this issue lately. Mine lost connectivity and won’t reconnect. Contacted coralvue and they told me I need a new power supply to fix the issue. It seems really strange that would be the solution to the problem but it’s apparently a known issue. I’ve reluctantly ordered one hoping it’s the fix but can anyone verify if this actually fixed theirs?
I swapped my power supplies and the new one works with the old power supply and my old one works with the new power supply. Hope a new power supply works for you if you don’t have two units to swap like I did.

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped my power supplies and the new one works with the old power supply and my old one works with the new power supply. Hope a new power supply works for you if you don’t have two units to swap like I did.
Okay I ordered a new power supply and I’m really hoping for the best! Thanks for the insight

sharkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having exactly the same problem so frustrating and when i register to help on the website i'm not getting the registration email? so frustrating looks like a good product if it would connect .

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is yours new? Or out of warranty? A new power supply somehow fixed mine and it’s apparently a common problem..

Back