Kamoer KH Carer is a New Automatic Alkalinity Tester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available and I just got mine set up a few days ago.

I wanted an alk tester that could be used stand-alone and that I could service myself. Since Kamoer makes the internals of some of the other testers I figured their own tester would be a better bet. So far so good. I am not dosing with it yet just testing, but after calibration, it is measuring inline with my Hanna Checker. The pH measurements are measuring below my Apex even with both pH probes calibrated to the same solution. I think this is from the sulfuric acid reagent in the testing vessel depressing the pH around the probe. I would not use it for pH monitoring. The app took a bit to work through but now that I understand it a bit better I see it has a lot of adjustments and control options.
My KHC measure pH higher than the Hydros does I guess I may need to calibrate both of them using the same calibration solutions.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this offer pH probe integration with the Apex? Or any form of integration? How does this compare to the alkatronic?
Currently no integration option for the apex. It does work with hydros via Wi-Fi/cloud link.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. I wish there was a less complicated machine to test nitrate , phosphate, alkalinity and a few other major elements in one machine…other than the mastertronic

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. I wish there was a less complicated machine to test nitrate , phosphate, alkalinity and a few other major elements in one machine…other than the mastertronic
I'm sure they are in the works, I assume the hardest part is having liquid testing reagents and the accuracy, it's not that those are difficult tests to preform but to be automated over and over without issue and at an affordable price range is the issue.

But that side of things is moving very quickly, I don't think it will be long. :)

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure they are in the works, I assume the hardest part is having liquid testing reagents and the accuracy, it's not that those are difficult tests to preform but to be automated over and over without issue and at an affordable price range is the issue.

But that side of things is moving very quickly, I don't think it will be long. :)
I sure hope so. I struggle lately to keep my nutrients up and having an auto tester would be such a convenience and help to stabilize my reef that much more.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all reading this, there is a means to test your nitrates. In fact, it's already been built for other water systems but uses ISE not reagent. From what I remember, it was about $400 or so just for the probe.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is more of a test than automated
Put one in a pipe, get readings sent regularly. Many of these plug into something for recording.

This is not for fish, but could be with the right knowledge and a better controller than what is on the market today. There is a ReefPi project that might be able to use this made by @Ranjib

thatslife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to wall mount the kamoer unit like the alkatronic?

I designed new electric box myself.

IMG_1340.jpg

thatslife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I see the door is clear, do you worry about light causing film algae on the ph probe, I've read about this being an issue, not known to be fact though.
I dont see algae on PH Probe but I rinse it with RODI every 2 weeks. But has little bit on magnet stirrer.

I use industrial bateria for my tank, then I almost never see algae even my NP is 0 and white max 100% 7.5 hours per days.

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unboxed and tried to setup tonight but constant Parameter error messages I can't see or fix. Went through the guided configuration and they persist. Jumped in the Test menu and was able to set Times of Rinsing but it says Volume Range is presently 0.0 and doesn't let me change it without Parameter Error. Then when I click on Maintain, I get a spinning wheel which says Loading for a fraction of a second but sub menu including Settings never opens. First impressions of the app are less than stellar and documentation worse. Messaged Kamoer a couple hours ago but no reply yet. Who has the magic decoder ring to make this thing work?

Screenshot_20230222_022843.jpg

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed and tried to setup tonight but constant Parameter error messages I can't see or fix. Went through the guided configuration and they persist. Jumped in the Test menu and was able to set Times of Rinsing but it says Volume Range is presently 0.0 and doesn't let me change it without Parameter Error. Then when I click on Maintain, I get a spinning wheel which says Loading for a fraction of a second but sub menu including Settings never opens. First impressions of the app are less than stellar and documentation worse. Messaged Kamoer a couple hours ago but no reply yet. Who has the magic decoder ring to make this thing work?

Screenshot_20230222_022843.jpg
If I remember correctly I had to go through the guided setup the first time. It wants you to go through all the calibrations in a specific order the first time. At that time the maintain was not working though. There were some firmware and app updates since that time since that was back in November. It may have changed some since then.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back