Kamoer X1 (Bluetooth model)

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into single head dosing pumps to dose All For Reef and kind of confused about the Kamoer X1 Bluetooth model. In the description it says: Dosing Volume - 0.5mL - 6000mL (Manual Mode) or 1mL - 6500mL (Auto Mode)
Is this one not capable of setting 0.1ml increments? For example, if I were to want to schedule it to dose 3.8ml once a day, is this possible?

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got one of these to begin prophylactic management of ich which just appeared on one of my fish.

The app user experience could be better (since the doser is bluetooth, it disconnects from the app frequently and you are notified), and the doser only allows for 12 auto doses/day, BUT, you can set a dosage down to 0.1ml.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these to begin prophylactic management of ich which just appeared on one of my fish.

The app user experience could be better (since the doser is bluetooth, it disconnects from the app frequently and you are notified), and the doser only allows for 12 auto doses/day, BUT, you can set a dosage down to 0.1ml.
Agree but for like $60 it’s cheap and easy.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the insight! What are you having it dose for ich? Just out of curiosity.

Sure thing!

I’m dosing 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Following the procedure on this thread.

I’ll eventually have to switch dosing to one of my Reef Factory dosers as I’ll need 27 doses/day to maintain (assuming the treatment goes well).

SRCLeal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Word to the wise if you’re dosing All For Reef, dilute the solution with RODI and double the daily dosage. I’m still using my Kamoer X1P before swapping over to my DOS and before diluting, I would have to unclog the dosing end a couple times a week. If I neglected to clean the top for any more than 3 days, my dKH would fall and I’d be stuck wondering why.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing!

I’m dosing 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Following the procedure on this thread.

I’ll eventually have to switch dosing to one of my Reef Factory dosers as I’ll need 27 doses/day to maintain (assuming the treatment goes well).
Ahh gotcha. I have an ich outbreak that just started last week and was actually reading that thread about H202 dosing. Most of my fish are doing ok but the Royal Gramma has been hit the hardest and looking rough. I’m hesitant about dosing peroxide after hearing people say it has damaged some sps corals.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word to the wise if you’re dosing All For Reef, dilute the solution with RODI and double the daily dosage. I’m still using my Kamoer X1P before swapping over to my DOS and before diluting, I would have to unclog the dosing end a couple times a week. If I neglected to clean the top for any more than 3 days, my dKH would fall and I’d be stuck wondering why.
Oh wow, I was not aware of that being an issue but I’ll definitely keep an eye on it and dilute it at first sign if that happening.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahh gotcha. I have an ich outbreak that just started last week and was actually reading that thread about H202 dosing. Most of my fish are doing ok but the Royal Gramma has been hit the hardest and looking rough. I’m hesitant about dosing peroxide after hearing people say it has damaged some sps corals.

I recently got a QT’d PBT and he still ended up getting ich within days!

I’m definitely taking a chance with this regimen. There’s a thread here where someone jumped straight into the week 3 schedule and lost a lot of livestock (but it was a last ditch effort).

On Day 3 myself, everything seems to be ok (corals and inverts included) and the trophonts appear to be reducing. Adding a UV later on this week to maximize the treatment and hopefully avoid going full scale on the regimen.

A variety of high-quality food soaked in Selcon/Vitachem and pristine water quality definitely keeps ich managed, some species are just hopelessly prone though! Good luck with your gramma and your battle with ich!

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a QT’d PBT and he still ended up getting ich within days!

I’m definitely taking a chance with this regimen. There’s a thread here where someone jumped straight into the week 3 schedule and lost a lot of livestock (but it was a last ditch effort).

On Day 3 myself, everything seems to be ok (corals and inverts included) and the trophonts appear to be reducing. Adding a UV later on this week to maximize the treatment and hopefully avoid going full scale on the regimen.

A variety of high-quality food soaked in Selcon/Vitachem and pristine water quality definitely keeps ich managed, some species are just hopelessly prone though! Good luck with your gramma and your battle with ich!
Absolutely! I’m doing Selcon soaked Rod’s food in hopes that I don’t have to take it further with peroxide dosing. QT/treating is just a lot of work and stress on the fish and it’s so easy for a slip up that introduces ich. It seems more people lose fish to the treatment/QT than to the parasite itself.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! I’m doing Selcon soaked Rod’s food in hopes that I don’t have to take it further with peroxide dosing. QT/treating is just a lot of work and stress on the fish and it’s so easy for a slip up that introduces ich. It seems more people lose fish to the treatment/QT than to the parasite itself.
@Necrodaemus did you end up buying the kamoer pump ? How’s your ich problem now ?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back