Kayak fishing: Who does it?

Brewman1987

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
604
Reaction score
506
Location
Scotland, ct
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got back into kayaking and bought a F&S eagle talon 12 at ***** sporting goods to get reintroduced into the fishing scene. Anyone here do any kayak fishing? My buddy and I went out this past Thursday into the Ct river down by the sound in hopes to catch some spring run stripers. But the way the weather has been here water temp about 50* everything has locked back up and the bait fish aren't moving in yet. This coming week shows temps in the 70's so hopefully by end of next week or so the action will be getting warm again.

Although fishing was dead the day we went out , it was a great test run with the yak. Wind was 10-15 mph and the current was strong with some 1-2' swells.

Hope some other reefers here post up any setups you may have and a fishing report.

Dan
 
I haven't in a couple of years but my son and I loved it. We fished saltwater in Corpus Christi. We had to set up an anchor and drift net line.
Kayaks are the entry level and handle like it but it fun. I will post pics Monday.
I miss it.
 
I kayak fish some. I went to florida once and caught some jacks, snappers, and saltwater catfish in a kayak. The jacks pulled the kayak like you wouldn't believe. :)
 
I mostly surf fish for Stripers spring and fall. The summer months I'm on my kayak fishing for Porgies and drifting for Fluke on the Sound.
Two years ago I was drifting for Fluke on Jones Inlet and must of hooked a ray that took me for a Nantucket sleigh ride. As soon as I started to be towed towards boat traffic I reached for my knife and cut the line.
 
Just a few pics. Had them handy from posting on another site.

NyMpL6n.jpg

CseSbNz.jpg

Kxn1tBo.jpg

VoNz86U.jpg
 
Hey Dan. I haven't gone out yet this year but I'm up for it. I'm up on Pachaug Pond if you want to give that a try Kurt
 
Have done, some years ago - light-spinning for school bluefish and stripers.

Have heard that big bass are pretty active right now off City Island, NY, so hopefully they'll be headed into the Sound and up your way soon!

~Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new