Kbra's 330 gallon Reef

Just added a Tunze 6155 and loving it. So silent. Highly recommended. Adding a 6255 soon for the other far end.
 
Just added two 4ft frag tanks to my main display. Now a 500 gallon system. These tanks run on T5s and my display is LED. This will be a good test with even water parameters. 8-)


5esuzuvu.jpg


Havn't hung the top light yet. Don't need the room just yet...
vamy3uzu.jpg
 
Just added two 4ft frag tanks to my main display. Now a 500 gallon system. These tanks run on T5s and my display is LED. This will be a good test with even water parameters. 8-)


5esuzuvu.jpg


Havn't hung the top light yet. Don't need the room just yet...
vamy3uzu.jpg
What a sweet frag tank! So clean, is that glass?
 
Yup bottom tank is glass, top is acrylic.top tank is meant to be an out if site out of mind grow out tank
 
Do you sell or trade any of the frags that you have or just there for the safety of losing a coral in the main system
 
Great looking frag tank. It is terrific to have a separate area for your growout. My only problem always was for some reason or another the **** corals always looked better in the frag tank/grow out tanks than in the display!

Keep it up the build looks awesome.
 
Do you sell or trade any of the frags that you have or just there for the safety of losing a coral in the main system

Both. I post stuff for sale here and there to fund my addiction but I really like having spares so I never sell anything I don't have two of.
 
Great looking frag tank. It is terrific to have a separate area for your growout. My only problem always was for some reason or another the **** corals always looked better in the frag tank/grow out tanks than in the display!

Keep it up the build looks awesome.

Yeah I'm worried about the same. I have a feeling the t5s will out perform in color at least
 
[video=youtube_share;NC1Ibrp-C5E]http://youtu.be/NC1Ibrp-C5E[/video]

[video=youtube_share;wc1EZ1awhIM]http://youtu.be/wc1EZ1awhIM[/video]
 
Last edited:
Thinking about turning this thing into an aggressive tank or even straight up selling the entire thing. I don't feel all that passionate about reefing anymore. Was fun designing and building but since then its been more of a chore than hobby... Maybe the aggressive tank a re-spark some of that fun or maybe I should just cut my losses.
 
Very nice it makes me miss my 300...:(
It's ok one day I will set it up again.
And hopefully this will inspire me to set it up again soon.
 
i am willing to bet that if you just change your aquascape, you would get that rejuvinated excitement back. you have so much room to work with that most of us dont. change things up and get back to enjoying the hobby.
 
Decided it was time to bow out. Gonna be posting a sale thread this week.

10K for everything. Approximately 5k off retail for one year old setup...
 
Decided it was time to bow out. Gonna be posting a sale thread this week.

10K for everything. Approximately 5k off retail for one year old setup...
That stinks you have a an amazing set up. GLWS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new