OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia is gone in the display, however I don't think the war is over as there's still some in the sump/overflow. As long as it stays out of the display I'm fine with it though. Ordered another Battlebox a month or so ago and below are some of the pickups.

BC Rocket Sauce

BC Bohemia

BC Hawaii

BC Glow Horn

BC Nero Table (I think)

Pic of the SC Dynamite grow out

No pics of fish because everytime I take pics of them something happens to one of them
:rolleyes:
can't jinx it for a while

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia seems to be 100% gone now, thanks to the nudis and filefish tag-team. In its place, however, bubble algae decided to show up. Nutrients have been fairly elevated as of late, so I'll be attempting to get those under control without freaking the system out. I've also been struggling with keeping my salinity up/stable. Main cause is my skimmer that seems to go nuts all the time ever since I cleaned it last week. Hoping it just needs to break in as some new encrusting sps growth has died off on a few pieces. Other than that, my next big plan is to do a complete switchover from apex to GHL. I have almost all of the needed equipment, just need to find the time/motivation.

Picture dump time

Purple? Gorgonian

WD after tryinh to get polyps to recede to show growth

WD w/PE

OP

BC Rainbow Brite. Super fast grower

JF HW

Unknown Chicago nub keeps coloring up nicely

Reefer Cove Poison Ivy

BC Backdraft. Tough to get the yellow/orange tips but I'll try better next time

BC Blue Ghost

OP

OP. As you can tell by now I love taking pics of this guy
:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The switch from Apex to GHL is basically complete. The only thing left to do is to finish programming the outlets and maintenance/power cut modes. So far so good, however it was a PIA and took a whole evening/night to switch everything out. Still waiting on some parts that are backordered from GHL, but we're almost there. Will probably hang onto the apex as I have the par meter that only works with one...

Couple of random pics

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the update! Are you planning to get the Ion Director??
I’ve thought about it, but am leaning more towards no just because I hardly check for anything other than alk as it is. If it had both PO4 and NO3 testing I’d probably get it as I always like to know where nutrients are, but could care less about calcium and mag lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing reef and photography!

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve thought about it, but am leaning more towards no just because I hardly check for anything other than alk as it is. If it had both PO4 and NO3 testing I’d probably get it as I always like to know where nutrients are, but could care less about calcium and mag lol
Makes sense :) I hear they've got a pretty massive line up of elements they're trying to get it to work with so it will be interesting to see what elements it's testing in a year or two!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need an updated FTS! This is our Reef Of The Day!

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on "Reef of the Day". it is absolutely beautiful! You have actually inspired me to remove the backing on my Waterbox.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Keenan I gotta ask, how did you hang your UV from the "roof" of your sump, any dimensions on those screws/pre dilling info would be greatly appreciated

JCrowe86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! What are you using for photos/videos? Also what is the box thing in the back left of the tank?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Very surprised to be highlighted as my tank is still very young and filling out, however I hope you enjoy the thread nonetheless. Feel free to ask questions about anything you see and I'll try to answer them as best I can. This build wouldn't be half as successful without the (hundreds of) hours reading and copying other R2R members great ideas, so thanks to all of you. This community is one of the best!

We need an updated FTS! This is our Reef Of The Day!
Oh boy, I'll try my best to post something today before we head out of town. But you're answering to my wife when she gets mad at me for taking pictures instead of packing ;Smug

Congrats on "Reef of the Day". it is absolutely beautiful! You have actually inspired me to remove the backing on my Waterbox.
I'm very happy with the decision to remove it, however it's a fair bit of work to keep algae/coralline from taking over, fwiw

@Keenan I gotta ask, how did you hang your UV from the "roof" of your sump, any dimensions on those screws/pre dilling info would be greatly appreciated
Not exactly sure on the screw lengths, I just pre drilled them before to make sure they didn't break through the top of the stand/mat. for the mounting clasp, I used something like
Hope that helps.

Great looking tank! What are you using for photos/videos? Also what is the box thing in the back left of the tank?
For photos I use a Canon 70D with a Canon 60mm macro lens. I do any post-edits in Lightroom. Not sure what you mean by "Box thing in the back left". Do you mind reposting the picture you see it in?

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! You spared no expense it seems, but every decision you made was flawlessly executed. Particularly love the aquascape, livestock choices, and custom sump. Oh and the light setup. Oh, and everything else. -) Stunning!

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your setup! I have a RSR 425 XL I'm upgrading to and this is an inspiration for sure. Quick question on your MP40 wiring:
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.25.16 PM.png

In your FTS, you can't see any wiring for the MP40 on the left. How have you managed to pull that off? Asking for a friend...

JCrowe86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For photos I use a Canon 70D with a Canon 60mm macro lens. I do any post-edits in Lightroom. Not sure what you mean by "Box thing in the back left". Do you mind reposting the picture you see it in?

Looking again I think it was just your glass scraper

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back