Keep Glue from Drying Out

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Logzor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
2,563
Reaction score
324
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone else has this issue but my glue always dries out before I can use it all. What typically happens is that the tube gets clogged while the remainder of glue in the bottle is fine. I'll try to use a needle to clear it out, that helps a little bit.

I'm trying now to cut the smallest opening at the tip to reduce air exposure.

Any ideas to help prevent this?
 
A tip I recieved years ago when first dealing with CA glues.. The cap is what, in essence becomes clogged, not the actual bottle.

So if you simply take the cap off the bottle, let the bottle sit while you do the next step overnight, it will be fine.. It will not harden.. But what you do, is take the cap, and soak it overnight in a small container (the dosing cups we recieve with bottles work well) filled with acetone. The acetone will break down the CA and all all you have to do, is, in the morning, remove the cap from the little container, wipe it off, and screw it back on. And your done..

It happens sooner or later to most glues and most bottles (I use bsi also from back in my rc days, so I know it, and it works great.. Even the kicker), so this is a handy little trick..

And to prevent or should I say prolong the amount and times between needing to clean the cap. I use CA tips from the hobby shop.. They are much more precise and the glue in the cap doesn't dry as fast..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new