Keep Kessils or go with hydras???

If I could afford the new metal halide hybirid from Reefbrite, I'd go back to halide's in a heart beat.
I still don't think our eyes and corals can do as well as under halides and a blue supplement, from VHO's, T-5 or led.

Thread- https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefbrite-lighting-at-macna.266682/

Company- http://www.reefbrite.com/product/reef-brite-halide-hybrid/
ReefBrite_ProductMain_HallideHybrid-300x300-1.jpg
 
For kessil, nothing out there cant beat the natural shimmering that it provided (except mh) the only Down fall that I have experienced with it is the intensity, I personally believe that they ain't bright at all and a lil dim for my taste unless you have more that what the manufacturer suggested. For example in your case I would go 3 instead of 2 and supplement it with 2 t5 like the other reefer has suggested. With that you will fill in the missing puzzle.
But if u were compare 1 to 1 like swapping them with 2 hydra then ofcourse the hydra is a better choice only if you aren't adding more lighting to your Set up and if power consumption is the concern.
I agree
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new