Keeping frag plugs in the rack

  • Thread starter Thread starter YodaHart
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

YodaHart

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
206
Reaction score
43
Location
Lithia, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had trouble keeping my frag plugs in the frag rack. My clownfish like to go under the rack and push them out. I've lost a number of nice sps frags from this. What is a good way to keep them secured in the rack? I've tried putting rubberbands on the bottom of the plug to secure them but that can be difficult with a full rack of frags. Is there anything else I can use to secure the plugs to the rack while they are acclimating to the tank?
 
If your frag rack is made of egg crate material, try doubling up on the eggcrate and zip tie it to the main rack. The idea is to make the bottom of the plugs inaccessible to your clowns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new