Keeping multiple goby/pistol pairs?

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to want to reboot my nano tank. As part of that process, I was considering moving its inhabitants into my 50-gallon but I'm not sure if we'd have issues or not.

The nano currently houses a pom pom crab, a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a hi-fin goby. I'm not too worried about the crab but the 50-gallon already has a goby/pistol pair (tiger pistol and wheeler's goby). Am I asking for trouble by adding the nano goby/pistol pair to this tank?

I suspect once they'd go in it would be next to impossible to catch them again so definitely not a decision I want to rush into.

Anyone keep multiple goby/pistol pairs successfully in a tank this size?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to want to reboot my nano tank. As part of that process, I was considering moving its inhabitants into my 50-gallon but I'm not sure if we'd have issues or not.

The nano currently houses a pom pom crab, a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a hi-fin goby. I'm not too worried about the crab but the 50-gallon already has a goby/pistol pair (tiger pistol and wheeler's goby). Am I asking for trouble by adding the nano goby/pistol pair to this tank?

I suspect once they'd go in it would be next to impossible to catch them again so definitely not a decision I want to rush into.

Anyone keep multiple goby/pistol pairs successfully in a tank this size?
It’s likely your two pistols will fight to the death and the tiger is likely to win unfortunately.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back