Keeping myghl on permanently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Does anyone know how to solve this problem, I have a tablet on which I want myghl to display permanently so as I walk past my tank I can immediately see my main parameters, however it seems to time out after a variable period of time, I then have to log back in completely or select ghl device and get in that way, this is obviously frustrating. Have I missed a setting or is it a deliberate function of myghl so we have to buy the GHL display?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mortie,
MyGHL was not designed to be run in that fashion. For Always on, the ProfiLux Touch would be the better option, however it was not done intentionally.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mortie,
MyGHL was not designed to be run in that fashion. For Always on, the ProfiLux Touch would be the better option, however it was not done intentionally.

Thank you Marco, do you know if they new app will work like this as the Touch is so expensive when u can pick up a tablet for £30

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would go for the Touch. It's a dedicated device, with an interface made specifically for it, displaying all the most pertinent information in an easy to view format, with dedicated sections for controlling sockets and illumination, starting feedings or maintenance, (or AWC).

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have to use some type of auto Refresh function to keep the page fresh
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/page-refresher-free/id887005806?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.murgoo.autowebpagerefresh&hl=en
An like Marco said the Touch is way better as it can be customized for how you want to use it. An it is direct input instead of going thru and internet connection. No matter how fast your internet is there is always a lag when pressing a button on a webpage and then the command being received by the processor.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the perfect solution may be the touch but spending an extra £217 is daft, when I would hardly ever use it to program or adjust, I just want a display screen... and it's even dafter when I have tablets sat around that I should be able to use. I will try the auto refresh thanks for the tip. I'm hoping as the New GHL APP will be brand new they have built some flexibility into it... think of your customers I've just shelled out a small fortune on the P4 and accessories....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back