keeping pure white sand

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as the title states how does everyone keep there sand so dang clean. this is my 5th tank and no matter what within a few days of cleaning the sand it always has a brown layer on top. yes yes I know what are my paramaters and how old is the tank it must me something I'm doing lol well your wrong there spot on always have been so just curious how everyone is keeping there sand so nice looking
i dont keep it clean, the sand in the sea is not clean and a aquarium is suppose to be a bit of the sea so should be natural but still nice to look at

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good cleanup crew and the occasional gravel vac. I really haven't seen a good looking mature tank with pristine white sand.. you'll always get some sort of growth
Agreed!

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear a sand sifting starfish can keep your sand bed clean. Seen it in person at a buddies house. He mentioned that if the tank is too small that it could kill the beneficial bacteria in the sand.....not sure if it is true or not since I cant find anything on the web to support this claim.
Not true

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back