Keeping Transparent/Translucent Frogspawns

cbleehk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have 2 frogspawns one for a couple months, one for a month. They were both quite translucent when fully extended when I had them. Lately I feel that they're less translucent. I'm wondering if there are any tricks to parameters/feeding/lighting that would keep them looking translucent?

They also seemed darker than when I got them. I actually have pretty bright lights on, using orphek v4 going at 80% but they're at the bottom of my tank about 1.5 feet deep (lights less than 1ft from water line). I'd say they're getting around around 200 par.

Thanks!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have 2 frogspawns one for a couple months, one for a month. They were both quite translucent when fully extended when I had them. Lately I feel that they're less translucent. I'm wondering if there are any tricks to parameters/feeding/lighting that would keep them looking translucent?

They also seemed darker than when I got them. I actually have pretty bright lights on, using orphek v4 going at 80% but they're at the bottom of my tank about 1.5 feet deep (lights less than 1ft from water line). I'd say they're getting around around 200 par.

Thanks!
Light gives them color. They are translucent when they are shaded or in low/under lighted tanks. Like sub 50 par. They are healthier when they are like yours is currently.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back