Ken's Reef- 300 dream build

Preparation for the new system

Before I could get going on this new system, there were some things I wanted to have in place.

First of all, I’ve had a quarantine and frag tank system set up in the garage for about 15 months. I’ve been collecting frags in there so I will have stuff to transfer into the new tank once it is ready for coral. Setting that up also gave me a project to work on while I was planning the 300.

More importantly than the QT and frag systems though, was the water mixing/ changing station I set up in the garage.
20180814_225123.jpg


Water mixing/ Changing set up:


I have 2 food grade 55 gallon drums that I got from a medical supplier that stored bags of water in them. The drum on the left holds RO/DI water only. The one on the right is where Salt is mixed with RO/DI.
20180814_224745.jpg

The 6 stage 150 gpd BRS RO/DI system gets supply water from the spigot I had installed when I had the utility sink installed.
20180814_224700.jpg

20180814_224640.jpg

Once water is made, the pump allows me to recirculate water in the drum for mixing or with the flip of some valves pump it into the tank. I can also flip the valves and remove water from the tank and pump it out into the street. This makeswater changes a breeze!
20180814_224729.jpg

20180814_224710.jpg


20180814_224740.jpg

Your gonna help me... hahahahah!!! Looks great dude... super jealous!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new