Kenya tree and maxa clam sudden death

robbielanchok

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 29 gal salt water biocube that had my maxa clam and a kenya tree died within two days. I had both for well over a year and had no issues. I looked at them 2 days ago and saw nothing bad. Tested the water and it was all in spec. I noticed my hammer coral is withdrawn a little. Any suggestions. I also have two clowns and a yellow spotted blue filefish
 
Welcome.

Hmmm did you check all pumps and heaters, skimmer for malfunction?

Members are gonna want to see numbers :p SG, temp....
 
Also, how big was the clam? The kenyan tree? Which died first? What else is in the tank besides hammer and 3 fish? Any cuc die? Snails, shrimp, crabs?

Did you have a test done prior to the death to compare?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new