Kenya Tree Coral Question

ajorcutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, son and I made a trip, Sunday, to check out a LFS people recommended. Nice place. Liked the people. We went into check it out and came out with our first coral, ever. Not exactly the plan. Nice little Kenya Tree. First night, one stalks kind of slumped over but next morning it was back up and looked good. It stands nice and opens up nice and appears happy. Water parameters look good and i adjusted lighting down a bit when we put it in. I do notice a hint of brown coloration. Is this something that happens when first transplanted or should I be concerned?
20230323_170810.jpg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajorcutt Im not an expert on coral. But what I’ve seen is that Kenya are very hardy — a bit like dandelions. I’d give it a few days before starting to worry. Great first pick for coral!

OP
OP
ajorcutt

ajorcutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajorcutt Im not an expert on coral. But what I’ve seen is that Kenya are very hardy — a bit like dandelions. I’d give it a few days before starting to worry. Great first pick for coral!
Thanks. Everything else points to a happy animal so I'll just watch it for a few days.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my experience with them, they will periodically deflate, lay down, and hours/the next day be inflated and happy again.
lighting hasn't seemed to matter. have some at the top of the tank in full light, and their drops at the bottom in complete darkness but doing fine.
nice piece.

OP
OP
ajorcutt

ajorcutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my experience with them, they will periodically deflate, lay down, and hours/the next day be inflated and happy again.
lighting hasn't seemed to matter. have some at the top of the tank in full light, and their drops at the bottom in complete darkness but doing fine.
nice piece.
Thanks!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 140 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 171 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 31 9.1%
Back