Kenya tree hitting rock

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So a few branches on my Kenya tree have gotten so long that they are hitting my rocks and sometimes getting stuck under another frag plug, the parts that are hitting the rock look shriveled up, is it ok or should I frag it off? I have never dragged a softie before either

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just take some really sharp scissors to my kenya trees when they get too big or too stretched out and snip parts off. They looks a little angry for a day or two but if they are growing well in your tank they are pretty indestructible. I've given some harsh pruning and still had them come back.

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just take some really sharp scissors to my kenya trees when they get too big or too stretched out and snip parts off. They looks a little angry for a day or two but if they are growing well in your tank they are pretty indestructible. I've given some harsh pruning and still had them come back.
yeah i will agree..you can just take a scissor and cut it.They are pretty easy to frag and after cutting you could probably give it to your lfs or a local guy in your area and trade it for some other corals

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%

Back