Kessel A80 tuna blue light

Chris1323

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2018
Messages
8
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any opinions on the Kessel A80 tuna blue light I have it running over my 24 gal nano cube I have multiple zoas and would like some inputs on what y’all think about the light or if I should change it.
 
The A80 is pretty under-powered for a 24 gal cube. I didn't get one for my 10 gallon cube because it wasn't enough light. If you're sticking with Kessil, the A160 would probably cut it for a 18" footprint @18" depth if you're doing LPS/softies. A360 if SPS.
 
I am very happy with them, but i use them with my pico tanks., both are under 5G. For 25G they are very very underpowered. You should consider a360 (not even a160)
 
For your size tank, I think I'd put it pretty low to the water and crank the intensity. Color is whatever spectrum you like. You may need to add another one eventually, but I'd give it a shot with one for a while to see how it goes.
 
Thanks for the advice everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new