Kessil 150- loud fan !

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plugged in my very nice condition used, Kessil 150 and the light is awesome, but I'm very,....disappointed that the fan is quite noisy !
Are all of them including the 350/360's noisy ?

Kevin
 
Well Kevin, maybe you ought to get a smaller fan.......lol

Warplane-Ceiling-Fan.jpg



Cheers, Todd
 
lol,...COOL. I'm making a shop fan from a Lier jet prop. A friend works at Duncan Aiation.

I can hear it while the TV is on. Not bad, I'm just surprised.
 
I have the two of the 360s and only hear the fan if I'm standing right at the tank.
 
The original owner kept it very clean, looks brand new. It's almost 2yrs old, so I wouldn't think the bearing is the culprit, but I'll take it apart in the next few days and see if anything is wrong, or if it's just me.
 
We don't have a TV. Mine is still negligible. I'd compare mine to a laptop fan at a distance. Barely noticeable. I would get some can of air or air compressor and blow it out. I don't think there is a need to take it apart. Unless you like to tinker. If that's the case, have at it.
 
Maybe some how some dust or dirt got in there . Or maybr even some salt creep ive seen it go some places where I didnt think it could...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new