Kessil 360x

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask the reason why you're planning on spending 100s if not 1000s of $$$ already having great lights? :)

Tell us a little about your tank, what you wish to achieve and what you're currently struggling with with regards to lighting.

That will make much easier to give some quality advice.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about going to the Radions, but you already made me feel better about the kessils
The question is why you are thinking about changing :) Id swap you my three radions for those kessils in a heartbeat :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

What are you not getting that you think other lights may give you?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d take Radions over Kessils any day. However, you’re likely better off just adding something like an AI Blade to your current lights. This will reduce shadows and give you more fill light.

2 year old Kessils are likely worth 40-50% of new. Especially because they love dying around that 2 year mark. They need to be cleaned routinely

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d take Radions over Kessils any day. However, you’re likely better off just adding something like an AI Blade to your current lights. This will reduce shadows and give you more fill light.

2 year old Kessils are likely worth 40-50% of new. Especially because they love dying around that 2 year mark. They need to be cleaned routinely
That's what I would do- but instead of my radions :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Shame I'm in the UK, I'd have swapped him immediately and bought two blades!

I run a total of seven of the 160 on different tanks and fuges- never had any issues. Love them- and their support and service in Europe is great.

OP
OP
R

rusty dowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe someone saw my lights. Ask me why I didn’t get the radions? I feel very shallow for even saying that now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back