Kessil A150's getting very hot.

jcm707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else's kessil's get extremely hot? I have 4 a150s and they all get like burning hot. I accidentally touched one with my arm the other day and it left a burn. I have a kessil a360 and it doesn't get hot at all. Anything I should do to keep them cool? They are all mounted inside my hood and run for 12 hours a day

reefbeard

Bearded Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the air vents and fan clear of dust and have sufficient air flow through your canopy. I will usualy vacuum the air vents once a month to keep the dust from building up.

OP
OP
jcm707

jcm707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the air vents and fan clear of dust and have sufficient air flow through your canopy. I will usualy vacuum the air vents once a month to keep the dust from building up.
Yeah I used to spray mine with the cleaner till it ran out. Is there a way to open it up to clean it up more?

reefbeard

Bearded Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I used to spray mine with the cleaner till it ran out. Is there a way to open it up to clean it up more?
There is a way to open them up but with the lights off, a squirt or two of compressed air is usually all that is needed to get anything settled on the inside.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back