Kessil A150w LED lifespan?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
1,293
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at a pair of Kessil A150ws on Facebook Marketplace. It's a good deal, but they're from 2012 and I'm worried they might be at the end of their lifespan. Any input on this?
 
Assuming 8 hours per day, those lights have 34560 hours on it.
Per Kessil website: Source: ( https://kessil.com/support/faq.php#:~:text=Our lights have a normal,the maintenance of the light.)

Our lights have a normal life expectancy of 35,000 hours, about 5-7 years for most customers. There are many factors that can reduce the life expectancy of the light such as the environment (humidity, moisture, salt creep, and temperature) as well as the maintenance of the light. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the light are important and if not performed, it may affect the longevity of the light.​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new