Kessil A180WE light schedule help and reccomendations

Edgara7981

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
Kansas
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am looking for reccomendation's for a kessil A180WE I currently have it 12" above water and for a 60 gallon tank I have kessils recommended light setup but my corals don't like it. I had some LPS corals but they died. I now have a mixed tank of softies like bubble tips and carpet corals. And i am looking for help on a good light setup.
 
Do you have a controller?
More than likely you have it on way too much power.
Turn it down look to see if the corals are reaching for the light or running away from it.
Is it a 160 or a A80?
 
Do you have a controller?
More than likely you have it on way too much power.
Turn it down look to see if the corals are reaching for the light or running away from it.
Is it a 160 or a A80?
Yes I have a controller and its the A180WE
 
Can you give me a link to your light?
What percentage are you running your light?
Did you acclimate your light to your corals?
 
I currently have it at
8:00 Color=0% Intensity=10%
10:00 Color=10% Intensity=25%
12:00 Color=30% Intensity=45%
14:00 Color=55% Intensity=45%
16:00 Color=30% Intensity=30%
18:00 Color=0% Intensity=0%
 
I find that Kessil are brighter or sharper than AI lights, you may want to lower your percentage more, my anemone loves my AI Prime HD and hate. my Kessil 160.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new