Kessil A360x and Neptune Apex

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been doing a lot of research for my build and after all that I have decided to go with the kessil a360x with my aquatic life hybrid. There is one BIG problem now. I have already spent thousands on apex and will not buy a light that can not be controlled with the apex.

kessil or anyone else can you guys confirm when or if kessil a360x models will be compatible with apex?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to these threads in the Neptune Community Forum, it is not compatible:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Older 360s are, X are not and probably never will be.

U

User1

View Badges
If you like the light don't let it be a deal breaker. I was hung up on that for a long while because I was controlling my DIY multi channels with both my reef angel and apex. I really enjoyed the one place to make changes and it was a lot easier to do. However, adding in the a360x's it hasn't bugged me once that I don't have that option.

I'm not a fan of the wired spectra controller but it works and tank is happy.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont let the light not able to connect to apex deter you. I did it at first with my AI HD prime then just decided to disconnect it from the apex.
I can only think 1 occasion that I want to change my light while I am away. If someone want to see my tank while I was not home.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to these threads in the Neptune Community Forum, it is not compatible:
Thanks. Ya I read both of these. But couldn’t find a more recent answer. I also read they have been saying they were going to release a fix to be able to connect their controller or to the apex or something in that sort but have been lagging it so I wanted to know what the status was. Now if @Kessil can respond it will be nice too.
Older 360s are, X are not and probably never will be.
Ya but heard they have been saying for a long time that they will but at this point I’m thinking if they were they would’ve done it by now. It’s just we pay so much money for things it will be nice for them to interplay. I know they compete with each other but just make your products awesome and we will buy.
If you like the light don't let it be a deal breaker. I was hung up on that for a long while because I was controlling my DIY multi channels with both my reef angel and apex. I really enjoyed the one place to make changes and it was a lot easier to do. However, adding in the a360x's it hasn't bugged me once that I don't have that option.

I'm not a fan of the wired spectra controller but it works and tank is happy.
Dont let the light not able to connect to apex deter you. I did it at first with my AI HD prime then just decided to disconnect it from the apex.
I can only think 1 occasion that I want to change my light while I am away. If someone want to see my tank while I was not home.
Thank you. Yea as I was writing I was also think as too what I would control with the apex. I honestly don’t even know the full capability of apex but just bought it because of the monitoring aspect. I will be getting a trident a little later down the line once I am more of an experience real life reefer. I guess the only thing I thought of was to be able to have a slow startup and and slowly off cycle. But maybe I can do that with the dx18 since that’s apex compatible and dimmable.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but heard they have been saying for a long time that they will but at this point I’m thinking if they were they would’ve done it by now.

Dunno …. who is 'they'? Don't seem to recall Kessil actually saying that (but maybe they did). May just be somebody's uninformed opinion. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunno …. who is 'they'? Don't seem to recall Kessil actually saying that (but maybe they did). May just be somebody's uninformed opinion. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.
Lol ... ya probably someone’s opinion. I’ll try to ask kessil and see what they say

but would it be possible to have a ramp up or ramp down through the apex or only their device? So I would need to buy the WiFi dongle AND the controller?

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a response from Brendan from Kessil:

Yes, Apex compatibility is in our plans through the WiFi dongle. We will announce more as we get closer to rolling out the feature!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmn, wonder how though since apex have recently discontinued their WXM module? Maybe through the WiFi head unit?

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s right. Not sure if WXM could be configured to the kessil dongle also .... moot I suppose since it’s being discontinued.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back