Kessil A360X is a Completely Redesigned Next Generation Aquarium Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A360X is a very exciting brand new update to the venerable A360 line of LED spotlights. The A360 has seen minor updates with the bump from the A350 to the A360, and later on to the A360E, but the new X series of the Kessil A360X is a complete redesign of the entire […]

Continue reading...

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eFfmdb3.jpg

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an ETA for this. Any other link to more info would be great too.

Doesn't look there is much out besides this teaser video, there is another thread going:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-kessil-light-10-years.447839/

I'm heading to MACNA next week so I'll be sure to keep you posted if I find anything out (If they are selling them there I'll probably end up coming home with a few.....). I'm hoping it will be an actual product release at MACNA, the AP700 was unveiled and it was months before it hit the market really hoping this isn't the case with the 360X.

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More info on the A360X now on RB. I’m sure on the coming months we’ll learn all about it. Hopefully BRS gets their hands on one and tests it soon. Looks awesome.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder what kind of price they're going to have on these, if it is going to be comparable to the A360WE or more. I do like that you'll be able to add a wifi module similar to the radions.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder what kind of price they're going to have on these, if it is going to be comparable to the A360WE or more. I do like that you'll be able to add a wifi module similar to the radions.

I would hope they are available at $399 or less. I dunno, but I'm intrigued! Smaller, more powerful, fully adjustable, wireless connection, wired connection, and they look pretty awesome! For someone that is already a big fan of kessils, I'm ready to buy a couple to try out whenever they become available!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope they are available at $399 or less. I dunno, but I'm intrigued! Smaller, more powerful, fully adjustable, wireless connection, wired connection, and they look pretty awesome! For someone that is already a big fan of kessils, I'm ready to buy a couple to try out whenever they become available!
I'm super curious. I just hope they didnt simply take the a360we and the ap700 and throw them together. Ap700 puck in an a360 housing.

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So far it looks like they’ll be closer to $450

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correction: RB says they’ll be around $400, as the current A360We goes for around $350.

Sounds reasonable... I hope the WiFi dongle will be very affordable & will work without the use of the Spectral Controller X

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see the price difference —- especially considering the current 360 is pretty solid

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see the price difference —- especially considering the current 360 is pretty solid

If it’s only $50 more, then the 25% increased light output, upgraded LEDs and spectrum, ability to put on a magnetic lens that changes it from wide to narrow instead of selling 2 models, potential WiFi controllability with a dongle, and decreased size all seem to be very nice upgrades for $50 more.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s only $50 more, then the 25% increased light output, upgraded LEDs and spectrum, ability to put on a magnetic lens that changes it from wide to narrow instead of selling 2 models, potential WiFi controllability with a dongle, and decreased size all seem to be very nice upgrades for $50 more.

I would prefer them keeping the old 360s at the old price or slightly less myself - it works perfectly fine for most reefers ‍♂️. I get the sku upgrades but not a fan of a 15-30% price hike if that’s what they do.

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God willing they took the criticism and worked on the firmware & app.

They didn’t. My AP700 still doesn’t work as advertised and all they want to do is send me a new one that they said “ cannot assure that it would work”.

@kessil doesn’t stand by their product.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back