Kessil A360X is a Completely Redesigned Next Generation Aquarium Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GoGo98102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm 25% more light but still use the same 90w? I kind of wanna know how. Also, am I the only person who likes it that the older kessil only let me choose intensity instead of all those crazy RGB colors?

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just need to include wireless controllability. Not sure how I feel about a smaller lens.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just need to include wireless controllability. Not sure how I feel about a smaller lens.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm 25% more light but still use the same 90w? I kind of wanna know how. Also, am I the only person who likes it that the older kessil only let me choose intensity instead of all those crazy RGB colors?
Better efficiency, cooling, etc. The AP700 outputs more light than two A360 and they’re both 180 watts

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The data that's out there shows the kessil chips to be pretty well below the watt input/radiant output efficiency of other top tier LED units like Radion, so in theory there was quite a bit of headroom for Kessil to optimize and get more total light out of the same 90W wall draw.

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,
I just wanted to chime in on these new Kessel 360X i am currently setting up my new tank and was thinking of buying the Aquatic Life fixture and having two radion G4 pro's and a 360X in the middle bracket for a 4ft tank.

crabbydan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 450 is not a bad price hike in my opinion. My concern is I need/want to add a 100 dollar controller onto that making it 550. Then next year I am going to want the wifi dongle which wil make the controller useless and I have heard of no pricing on the dongle. Pretend the dongle and the lens cover is 50 bucks each I am now up to 650 for 1 light then 550 for each light added after that? I have 3 360 now so to upgrade I am looking at 1750 give or take? I am betting I have other options at a much lower price?

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 450 is not a bad price hike in my opinion. My concern is I need/want to add a 100 dollar controller onto that making it 550. Then next year I am going to want the wifi dongle which wil make the controller useless and I have heard of no pricing on the dongle. Pretend the dongle and the lens cover is 50 bucks each I am now up to 650 for 1 light then 550 for each light added after that? I have 3 360 now so to upgrade I am looking at 1750 give or take? I am betting I have other options at a much lower price?

You will just need one dongle for all your lights luckily, which saves a bit. However, I’m not a huge fan of the fact you have to buy the controller to take advantage of the new features these lights offer over the 360’s but then the controller may become obsolete with the WiFi dongle in a year.

Back