OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand officially in the house. Took 6 of us but it was pretty smooth. I bought a hydraulic lift cart just for this purpose and I can’t tell you how much that thing saved us through the whole process of moving it.

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize how nice the polishing / beveling is on this tank. All the edges are flawless (minus some sawdust and dirt I haven't cleaned off yet) and all of them are beveled as well. Pictures don't do it justice but they look perfect.

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty cool so far,. Really like the stand you built with the built-in tube for leaks and spills.

...... and two 1" returns with eductors on them as well. I might switch to standard locline but I wanted to try out the 1" eductors.

IMG_3878.jpg

Instead of reducing down to 3/4in Loc-line (That''s the largest hose size Loc-Line makes) maybe try out the 1in RFG Nozzle. The RFGS100LL comes with the 1in MPT fitting that will thread right into he bulk head. The RFG will work like the Educator you have but instead of just pushing water, it will randomize the direction of the flow.

The RFGs would be great on this tank given the return pump you have chosen and the position of the returns

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty cool so far,. Really like the stand you built with the built-in tube for leaks and spills.

Instead of reducing down to 3/4in Loc-line (That''s the largest hose size Loc-Line makes) maybe try out the 1in RFG Nozzle. The RFGS100LL comes with the 1in MPT fitting that will thread right into he bulk head. The RFG will work like the Educator you have but instead of just pushing water, it will randomize the direction of the flow.

The RFGs would be great on this tank given the return pump you have chosen and the position of the returns

I'll have to look into those! Especially with this being a peninsula tank I need all the random flow I can possibly get!

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started mocking up the plumbing today only to find out my old PVC cutters will not cut 1.5" sch 80 pipe....off to Lowes again.

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally an update. Been getting stuff done here and there but have not had the time over the past few weeks to get as far as I would have liked.

- Plumbing is done and ready for water
- Most equipment is in place minus calcium reactor

DIY controller / wire board:
-Looks like a mess but I tried to clean stuff up as best I could and organize it so any equipment that needs to be maintained frequently can be easily unplugged and removed.

Back:
Control Board Back.jpg

Front:
- Two holes on the left are for the Tunze controllers just haven't mounted them yet.

Control Board Front.jpg

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started epoxying some of the rock work. I'll get some better pictures as we get further along. Using exclusively carib sea rock - shapes, 24" arches, branches, and regular. This rock makes aquascaping a breeze and the ability to make very interesting shapes without too much of a struggle. Probably will only use about 160ish pounds of rock in the tank as we prefer a more minimal aquascape and want more room for the corals to grow and the fish to swim.

Rock 1.jpg

BILLYO382

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow box. I will have 3 1.5" drains bean animal style and two 1" returns with eductors on them as well. I might switch to standard locline but I wanted to try out the 1" eductors.

IMG_3878.jpg

what drain filter grids are these? where did you buy it online? thanks in advance

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly putting this dang thing together. Spent the afternoon rinsing calcium reactor media..fun times.

Got a bit more of the rock work done. Hard to get decent pictures with the glare but lights will be going up soon and will get some better pictures.

IMG_3972.jpg
IMG_3971.jpg

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More rock work done. Experimented with doing a stand alone structure with our tonga branches as well. Please excuse the mess of cords and other stuff; basement is basically just a giant fish room at the moment.

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been up and running for almost a week now. No leaks from plumbing and dosing Brightwell's MicroBacter 7, FaStart-M, and Prodibio BioDigest for now. Got two of the Ap700's hung and working. Still need to route the power cords along the ceiling but lights won't be running daily for a while.
IMG_4014.JPG

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand officially in the house. Took 6 of us but it was pretty smooth. I bought a hydraulic lift cart just for this purpose and I can’t tell you how much that thing saved us through the whole process of moving it.
What is this hydraulic lift cart you speak of?

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is going well. Ammonia is no longer detectable and nitrate stable at 3 for now. Fish will be going in the tank in another 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle stalled a bit but finally got ammonia/nitrites to 0 and nitrates are at 20 and the fish are finally in as of 10 minutes ago. They all got a full treatment of copper power and 14 days on general cure and focus. I'm not going to jinx myself and say the tank will be free of a certain parasite but everything will be quarantined including inverts and coral.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back