Kessil A360X

Trisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new here and I'm just curious I have a 90 gallon tank with 2 kessil a360x My tank has been up and running for about a year now Mainly soft coral A few LPS Parameters are in the normal Sometimes calcium is a bit low but I'm not getting much Growth out of anything Polyps extend I have a very hard time understanding how to program the right amount of light for my tank I think I may need more lighting but with just the 2 Lights I have how should I be running them how long what settings thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I used to be known as the kessil koolaid man, I'll try to help in any way I can. (Yes that rhymed) what are your current settings and how far off the waters surface is the light?
Wtr2r24.gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here
open 24-7
pics are required....lol ..we all love pics

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Sorry, I don't use Kessil lights, so I am not sure on intensity. 2 Kessils on a 90 gal tank should be more than enough as far a spread go's.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy
I have 9ea 360's over my 600 square tank. Its 3 feet deep. I run them at about 70% int and 60% color with an apex controller. I ramp up and down both. They are on for 11 hours per day. I find Its is too much for leathers that are near the top and directly under a light.

Steve_Skullsplitter0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome. I use kessils. I'm using the dongal and programmed them on my phone. I used the knobs for awhile before the dongal came out. I have a 210 mixed reef. With three a360x and four T5s. But you got more than enough power for Lps and softies. I'd say intensity at 50 percent and 20 percent white. Start there. If they look small and shrunk up that's too much light. If they are expanding out need more light. Make small adjustments. Usually they will adjust to your lights.

That said lighting is probably not the reason your corals are not growing. Lots of things can stunt growth. Poor water quality, lack of nutrients, low trace elements, low alkalinity, temperature too low, salinity low.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back