Kessil A80 control cable wiring for GHL Profilux

  • Thread starter Thread starter waitwut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

waitwut

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
73
Reaction score
9
Location
Berlin, Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to control a Kessil A80 with my GHL Profilux. According to this thread I can buy an Apex control cable, cut the end and connect it to a breakout box - this would work but it's just a stereo headphone jack, I don't really want to pay €35 for such a basic cable particularly if I'm going to have to cut the end off anyway. Makes more sense to cut the end off a regular 3.5mm jack extension cable but I want to confirm how it's wired i.e. which part of the jack (tip, ring or sleeve) is the ground, which is colour and which is intensity.

Does anyone know how this cable is wired? Is it following the convention for audio cables with the sleeve as the ground?
 
I'd like to control a Kessil A80 with my GHL Profilux. According to this thread I can buy an Apex control cable, cut the end and connect it to a breakout box - this would work but it's just a stereo headphone jack, I don't really want to pay €35 for such a basic cable particularly if I'm going to have to cut the end off anyway. Makes more sense to cut the end off a regular 3.5mm jack extension cable but I want to confirm how it's wired i.e. which part of the jack (tip, ring or sleeve) is the ground, which is colour and which is intensity.

Does anyone know how this cable is wired? Is it following the convention for audio cables with the sleeve as the ground?
Screenshot_20231024-102428.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new