kessil a80 questions

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends
So finally I bought this product today :

https://www.freshnmarine.com/collec...roducts/kessil-a80-tuna-blue-w-mini-gooseneck

My LFS sales person asked me to turn the intensity to 60% and change the blue color to 70% leave it on like that for 8 hours. This configuration is good?

I don't have any special corals. I have few Zoanthids, a hammer, a leather, and a gsp.

Pls share your thoughts and let me know if that lighting setting is good.

Thanks

Last edited:

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights did you have on there before you switched? I'd see if the LFS has a par meter you can use for the day. Otherwise I would start low and increase over the course of a few weeks while watching how your coral responds to the increase in light. You should be able to tell if they like it or not.

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights did you have on there before you switched? I'd see if the LFS has a par meter you can use for the day. Otherwise I would start low and increase over the course of a few weeks while watching how your coral responds to the increase in light. You should be able to tell if they like it or not.

i used a very basic LED setup its not that powerful

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just loving my A80 setup. The blue light is just mind blowing. It's like I can see my Zoanthids true color now. It's really beautiful.

However, can you check my A80 settings and let me know if it's OK? I'm running like that continuously for 8 hours.

20181024_225550.jpg

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high was your last light? That may have an effect according to how much you want to turn up the new kessil. I've got two a8Os over my 20g nuvo and love them. I've got my intensity almost all the way up but built it up over time. Last thing you want to do is shock your coral with too much light.

For the blues, you're welcome to run those as long as you want. After going to WWC, which we could all agree would be a credible source, I've turned my tanks to almost strictly actinics/blues full time. They do the same, at least in the nanos that I was looking at when I was there, and they all look great. I believe I also heard that in the Jason Fox walk through video on youtube, so that's what i've done. Makes it easy with the a8O without a control since it's just the turn of a knob. You can always cycle in some of the white spectrum but you'd need their controller for that.

Good choice on light!

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 8" from the water surface. Ok I'll reduce my intensity and ramp up slowly. Thanks for the info :)

Back