Kessil a80 tuna flora

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have the tuna Blue kessil for my fuge light. Color and Intensity are set to have right in the middle of each dial. I’m not getting good growth out of my chaeto. I’m getting more hair algae now in my fuge. I just placed my order for the kessil a80 tuna flora. I guess my question is what should I set the dials at once I get it for good growth. I’m constantly playing with the kessil a80 tuna Blue and I hope that won’t be the case with the tuna

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth setting on the H80 is purple... you’ll be able to dial it in with the knob.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your fuge? At only 15 watts, I’d recommend dialing the H80’s intensity at max. As far as the hair algae goes, continue to scrape it back until the chaeto can grow and out compete it.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have the tuna Blue kessil for my fuge light. Color and Intensity are set to have right in the middle of each dial. I’m not getting good growth out of my chaeto. I’m getting more hair algae now in my fuge. I just placed my order for the kessil a80 tuna flora. I guess my question is what should I set the dials at once I get it for good growth. I’m constantly playing with the kessil a80 tuna Blue and I hope that won’t be the case with the tuna

When we tested this light in one of our Chaetomorpha videos, we had it on the "Grow" setting at 100%. I'd probably recommend the same for nearly all uses of this H80, as 15watts doesn't produce a ton of PAR. :)

Stay tuned to BRStv tomorrow... There may be a video coming on this one! ;)

-Randy

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we tested this light in one of our Chaetomorpha videos, we had it on the "Grow" setting at 100%. I'd probably recommend the same for nearly all uses of this H80, as 15watts doesn't produce a ton of PAR. :)

Stay tuned to BRStv tomorrow... There may be a video coming on this one! ;)

-Randy

Even though my fuge is really small I should put it on full intensity?

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your fuge? At only 15 watts, I’d recommend dialing the H80’s intensity at max. As far as the hair algae goes, continue to scrape it back until the chaeto can grow and out compete it.

It’s very small.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting the H80 or the A80 tuna sun. If you get the H80 use growth setting if you are getting the a80 tuna sun set the color to its lowest setting (that is around 6500k) and you can play with the intensity to get it to a level that works for you.

The a80 tuna blue has very little red in it which is needed by macro algae to grow which is why it isn't working for you

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though my fuge is really small I should put it on full intensity?

I’d have to say that at max it can cover an area that’s less than 10” x 10”. In all honesty, and as you’ll see in my recommendation from tomorrow’s video, if you just now adding the H80 to your system you may want to acclimate the algae by starting around 50% and moving into your personal max setting over the course of several weeks. I wouldn’t be too concerned with eventually ending up at 100% because again, this light is pretty low on overall PAR. Just be sure to keep your eye on the algae and turn it down if need be. :)

-Randy

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting the H80 or the A80 tuna sun. If you get the H80 use growth setting if you are getting the a80 tuna sun set the color to its lowest setting (that is around 6500k) and you can play with the intensity to get it to a level that works for you.

The a80 tuna blue has very little red in it which is needed by macro algae to grow which is why it isn't working for you

It’s the h80 right now I have the tuna Blue and it blows for growing macro

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have to say that at max it can cover an area that’s less than 10” x 10”. In all honesty, and as you’ll see in my recommendation from tomorrow’s video, if you just now adding the H80 to your system you may want to acclimate the algae by starting around 50% and moving into your personal max setting over the course of several weeks. I wouldn’t be too concerned with eventually ending up at 100% because again, this light is pretty low on overall PAR. Just be sure to keep your eye on the algae and turn it down if need be. :)

-Randy

Thank you. It will be here tomorrow so I will be excited to use this and see the reaulta

Back