Kessil AP700’s

  • Thread starter Thread starter xarife
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xarife

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
14
Location
AR
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone is running these lights on their reef tank? If so what settings do you use?

Thanks!!
 
Just wondering if anyone is running these lights on their reef tank? If so what settings do you use?

Thanks!!
Yeah,

I'm running deep ocean blue #2 setting.

Per Dana it's about 14K

It's the best setting for Par and Pur and the second best in UV.

I hit 90% intensity at 11:00am then let it drift down to 70% at about 2pm and it runs at 80% for the rest of the day.

When it turns on and off, I'm at the deep ocean blue #1.
 
Govol, when you say #2, is that second fowm last blue or second from white
It's the setting next to the last (deepest) blue setting.

Dana's AP700 article says it's about 14k / compared to ole MH fixtures.

I ramp up and down with the last blue setting. That channel has the best UV.
 
Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info!! [emoji16]
 
Keep in mind that the height of the fixture above the water, tank depth, and aquascape might affect what intensity setting you will want to use. I used mine 16" above my 4x2x2" 120 at 50% intensity with good results but I almost exclusively had low light lps and softies.
 
Mine are probably a foot off my tank. Think we are gonna lower them a bit.
138298f3620adf7157f0eb081f210aee.jpg
 
Thank you [emoji16]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new