Kessil AP700 on 48" tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SnoQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ideally, if it was me, I would go with 2 fixtures on a 48" tank. The better light coverage should be beneficial to ensure corals are getting lit equally and reduce the shadowing effect. You can always dial down intensity, you cant increase coverage.
 
A friend of mine won an AP700 in a raffle at a conference and he's making me a really good deal on it, so I'm definitely going with that one and will see how the coverage is. I looked at quite a few YouTube videos of the light over a 48" tank and I think I will probably be good with one. I actually want some darker areas for coral that prefer low light and I don't plan to add any SPS to this tank. I also have an iPad so it's not a big deal for me to have to wait on an iPhone app, although it will be easier once I can use my phone because it's pretty much always with me.
 
Just put one on my 48×24×30. It seems to cover well. I have some shadowing on the edges, but nothing major.
500767b3fbf72112af27e9ff675b8917.jpg

724d7a020badcfb6ced2140fd5a4dddf.jpg
 
That looks great. My tank is 48" X 20" X 21" so I should be good.
 
My reefer 450. I was going to go with the ap700 myself but 5 foot tank would've needed 2. The lights amazing when it comes to lighting the tank but unfortunately it's still not tech savvy. No apex support and only can be run by an iPad. @rage1199 talk to him about maybe making a deal on one.

image.jpeg


image.jpeg

Does anyone know what arms are on these lights?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new