Kessil H380 Fan Replacement?

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad i found this thread. Also validates my issues. Bought in 2017 returned it once for repair alread and now it has failed again. This time the wires to the fan literally broke off from salt air corrosion. So i ordred the above fan from amazon and will post results.

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The person i spoke with yesterday was friendly and helpful as they always are. He didnt admit to any issues with this. But he did say the latest model is built to minimize salt creep. So that pretty much says it.

Kjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not understanding what you did with the 3rd wire. I know how to splice wires of course just don't know about splicing 2 wires to 3 wires
15956490117778891785229245219276.jpg
Not sure if you ever got an answer to this. Ignore the yellow wire - that is for speed control, which this light does not have. Just match black and red and the fan will run at its full rated speed. If it’s a Noctua you can use the included low/ultra low noise adapters - they slow the fan to quiet it down. You will trade off some air flow as a result. “Ultra low” will be silent up close.

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: so the fan arrived this week but having problems. I'm fairly experienced with wiring stuff. But cant get this fan to turn on. The plug of course doesnt fit so I simply stripped the wires on both the fan and the light. Twisted matching pairs of red black and yellow together. Nothing. Even disconnected the yellows like mentioned. Wierd. The light turns on but eventually shuts off when it gets too hot.

Jlox809

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take this with a grain of salt as I do not have a kessil to look at, however from what I can see in your photo it appears to be a standard 3 pin pwm fan, like those used in computers. Assuming you can find a replacement that is the same measurement/size fan, it should be as simple as removing the old, installing the new, and plugging the 3 pin plug right were you unplugged the other.

https://www.pchub.com/everflow-f126025sl-server-square-fan-f126025sl-p205612
Here is the site i used to find the measurements for the fan based on model number, The fan appears to be made by Silverstone, and everflow is the series.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-60x25...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QRP8ZMVC9B1T6NNYDBZW

This fan appears to be the same size (60mmx60mmx25mm) and is MUCH higher quality than the silverstone everflow fan. I would give this guy a shot if it was me, on the plus side it should be SILENT as noctua fans are the gold standard in pc building

Again, I have not done this in person, however I work on computers for a living and this would be my first try in replacing the fan. As well, amazon has an amazing return policy so if it doesnt work, send it back :)

davy
Hi ,
It will work fine with what you said it's just the pins a little too big, so I cut the original pins with the wire and attached them to the new fan , boom works perfectly fine attached are some pictures and a video

20200612_134326.jpg 20200612_133033.jpg 20200612_132454.jpg 20200612_131429.jpg
Davy u are the man bro I had the same problem with my light now it work like it brand new thanks bro
65F26F55-7B48-424D-89F5-040411986445.jpeg

dbean23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you take the h30 apart to put the new fan in? I bought the fan but am wondering if there is a youtube video i can watch?

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old tread, but I was given a Kessil H380 that had a replacement fan, but needed to be reassembled. I just got a power supply for it and powered it on, but the fan didn't move. I have to ask if the fan runs full time, or only after it reaches a certain temperature? If I need to crack it back open to move pins around, that's not a problem at all, I just need to know what pen goes where.

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old tread, but I was given a Kessil H380 that had a replacement fan, but needed to be reassembled. I just got a power supply for it and powered it on, but the fan didn't move. I have to ask if the fan runs full time, or only after it reaches a certain temperature? If I need to crack it back open to move pins around, that's not a problem at all, I just need to know what pen goes where.
Hi from what I remember the fan does run all the time? I could be wrong (gave up on mine and tossed it) but I remember when I had it open and working with it the fan and light would turn on simultaneously.

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from what I remember the fan does run all the time? I could be wrong (gave up on mine and tossed it) but I remember when I had it open and working with it the fan and light would turn on simultaneously.
Thanks! Looks like the fan I have is broken already, so I have a new one coming in. I did test the pins for voltage, so the board is providing power. I'll post here if I'm successful with the repair.

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new Noctua fan, and used some jumper wires to hook it to the board. It powers on. Once my JST connectors come in, I'll be crimping the proper connector on it and completing the repair. I think the H160 uses the same size fan, so I have one of those I'll be fixing as well. Thank you everyone for having this conversation.

jgranata13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue myself. Can anyone advise what size the JST connector is on their unit? I broke the original so I need to replace it. Can't tell if it's PH or XH...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back