Kessil light spill

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a desk nano, and am pretty set on Kessil for aesthetic reasons, but I'm wondering what the light spill on them is like, as the tank will be a few feet away at eye height, and I've had trouble with light spill from other desktop tanks blinding me, even if the actual bulbs aren't visible.

Thinking about doing the WaterBox Peninsula 15 with softies, macro algae and a bubble tip anemone. It is an AIO and the display dimensions are 16.6"×13.8"×13.8", and I'm also trying to decide between one A80, two A80s or one A160.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a desk nano, and am pretty set on Kessil for aesthetic reasons, but I'm wondering what the light spill on them is like, as the tank will be a few feet away at eye height, and I've had trouble with light spill from other desktop tanks blinding me, even if the actual bulbs aren't visible.

Thinking about doing the WaterBox Peninsula 15 with softies, macro algae and a bubble tip anemone. It is an AIO and the display dimensions are 16.6"×13.8"×13.8", and I'm also trying to decide between one A80, two A80s or one A160.
I currently have a nano with 2 a 80s. I don't find the light spill a big deal. I have also found that you can slightly angle the lights back to reduce light spill that can get into your eyes.

OP
OP
blueridgereef

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always mount it lower, and lower the intensity to compensate.
I currently have a nano with 2 a 80s. I don't find the light spill a big deal. I have also found that you can slightly angle the lights back to reduce light spill that can get into your eyes.

Awesome, thanks!

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The a360 X has a narrow beam lens add on that is terrific for eliminating light spill. It’s also great if you’re sitting in a chair next to your tank - you don’t get blinded by the light spill from an LED light.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil is like the one light in this hobby that you can practically put onto the surface of the water. That dense matrix array works wonders lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back