Kessil lights burnt, not broke

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently got my new kessil AP700 and waiting on the mounts, well I decided to check them out and get the app and mess with them real quick, not thinking of how hot they get….the images will show what happened, waiting for kessil to reply so I can get the lenses replaced hopefully and trying to find a new set of chairs for front room since ours are discontinued

4C8191D1-F53E-4C00-9B0C-6C6A8378618C.jpeg 737E80B0-B7A5-4018-B361-0971A5C1433F.jpeg

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it, was surprised wife didn’t kick me to the garage, but I guess she seen how MAD. I was about it she just kinda let it go and looking online for a new set for me to order

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize they would get that hot either. Hopefully kessil can help you out I use the AP700 and love it, it is a great light.

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize they would get that hot either. Hopefully kessil can help you out I use the AP700 and love it, it is a great light.
Well I read where someone contacted kessil and was able to order the piece with both lenses for like $50, so hopefully they can

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Kessil recommends cleaning the lenses with isopropyl alcohol. Not sure it it would help but maybe there is another safe cleaner of some kind that might help as well....

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Kessil recommends cleaning the lenses with isopropyl alcohol. Not sure it it would help but maybe there is another safe cleaner of some kind that might help as well....
I will give it a shot and let you know if it worked, thank you

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give it a shot and let you know if it worked, thank you
It is burnt into the glass lenses so didn’t do anything, but thank you for the information on what to use to clean them

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is burnt into the glass lenses so didn’t do anything, but thank you for the information on what to use to clean them
That sucks... man this hobby is frustrating enough the way it is without stuff like that happening..... hope you can get a fix.

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks... man this hobby is frustrating enough the way it is without stuff like that happening..... hope you can get a fix.
Thank you me two as long as kessil can get new lenses for me I’ll be good, then I still have to find the one packet of clarifier in new aquarium that I forgot to get out and been digging thru 80 pounds of sand and cannot find it lol

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last tank I bought I took off the fancy glass top it came with then stepped on it and shattered it. It is easy to do with all the excitement that comes with a new set up...

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last tank I bought I took off the fancy glass top it came with then stepped on it and shattered it. It is easy to do with all the excitement that comes with a new set up...
I agree, but I can’t put the aquascape in that I made I can’t get water cleared up cause I have to keep digging thru the sand hoping I stir it up enough to where the packet will float to the top since they do float but no luck and all together past few day been digging thru it for about 2-3 hours total and nothing lol

OP
OP
C

CJ13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, but I can’t put the aquascape in that I made I can’t get water cleared up cause I have to keep digging thru the sand hoping I stir it up enough to where the packet will float to the top since they do float but no luck and all together past few day been digging thru it for about 2-3 hours total and nothing lol
And I did same thing with the glass top that came with my 75 gallon, get all excited about it then BAM you step on the top and break it and your excitement level goes from 100 down to negative 3,000 in a heart beat

deplinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! I hate when that happens. I did something similar to the top of my canopy with a kessil before. I used toothpaste and a soft cloth to clean off the lens. It came clean just like new.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back