Kessil Tuna Blue died today

  • Thread starter Thread starter av8soulfly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

av8soulfly

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
225
Reaction score
462
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long can my tank go without lighting?
My Kessil 360 went south today. I need a new light for my 30 inch cube (approx. 100 gallons) mixed reef.
I have the old controller for the Kessil, but I don't think it'll work with the new Kessil X. Plus, Kessil's dependability rating is questionable as my light only lasted a couple of years.
I'm thinking about the EcoTech Marine Radion XR15w G4 Pro LED.
Any thoughts or advice?
 
Kessil has your back and I can say this from experience. As SaltyFilmFolks indicated, contact them at your soonest
 
If you still have the warranty I would just try cashing in a refund and getting a radion xr30 I don’t believe a singe kessil has the power to cover a 30 by 30 cube
 
If you still have the warranty I would just try cashing in a refund and getting a radion xr30 I don’t believe a singe kessil has the power to cover a 30 by 30 cube

Ai Hydra 26 will and possibly the Ai Prime HD
 
If you still have the warranty I would just try cashing in a refund and getting a radion xr30 I don’t believe a singe kessil has the power to cover a 30 by 30 cube
Just wondering how you cash in a refund on an item that may still have warranty?
 
thanks all for your advice. turns out the power supply was bad. ordered a new one for 40 bucks.
 
As long as it’s under warranty, they’ll send you a replacement. If it’s beyond warranty, they’ll offer you one at a reduced price. I too am less than thrilled with their longevity.
 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2X5WN...&pd_rd_r=10e85836-feb8-11e8-9772-2bb4808fe816

i stopped buying the stupid expensive lights,

these are easy to repair, your self
then look better then the tuna's IMO

and they are a lot cheaper,

have 4 of them in house, 2 have been repaired and are for back up..

If i loose a channel, I swap them out, and repair the broken one

The only thing that is nice about the tuna lights.. is the controller..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new