Ecotech Radion G6 XR15 Blue($789 Aud) VS Kessil A360X Tuna Blue ($849 Aud) Comparison [Priced at time of writing]

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech's G6 Blue XR15 versus Kessil's A360X Tuna Blue.
Note: I have 4 years reefing experience, your input is welcomed and encouraged to provide additional clarity on the differences between these lights.
Introduction:
Both the Ecotech Radion G6 XR15 Blue and the Kessil A360X Tuna Blue are top tier, premium quality Reef aquarium lights suitable for high-light Coral.
However there're distuinguishable differences in their light distribution and characteristics.

Ecotech Radion G6 XR15 Blue($789 Aud):
A wide more diffused spread light.
Powerful PAR, especially directly under the fixture with narrower spectrum in the 420-500nm range.
You can customize colour channels and effects like simulated cloud cover.
Larger light may induce some shadowing, some people report a "disco ball" effect from the lighting.

Kessil's A360X Tuna Blue($849 Aud):
A spotlight style focused beam of light.
More consitent PAR distribution across the target area.
Simple controls for dimming and colour control.
Smaller size lets you position better for rockwork.

Summary:
Both lights are of high quality made by reputable brands and are arguably some of the best in the industry.
They can perform more niche orientated forms of lighting, for example a shallow frag tank would likely benefit more from an XR15.
And a deep system with coral at the floor of the display would likely benefit more from a A360X.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anecdotally: kessil offers a clearer color where the (g5) at least was muted. I understand ecotech improved this for a sharper color in the g6, but I haven't seen first-hand.

Kessil offers (maybe also possible with the g6) adjustable white balance for more of a daylight look without sacrificing coral-preferred blues/uv.

Kessil can be linked, sinked, and controlled without the need for an app.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back