Kessil WiFi Dongle Connection

Marinexx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to give a shout out to Kessil for their great customer service and hopefully help anyone else that may experience the same thing.

I purchased an A360X and WiFi Dongle that I just received yesterday. I was very excited. I got it all hooked up, watched multiple YouTube videos, and read through their instructions. I followed everything I had just watched and read but I could not get it to work. When I would try to connect to the dongle the app would tell me it failed but then the dongle light would turn blue like it was supposed to. When this happened if I went into my phone settings under WiFi it showed that i was connected to the dongle but the app did not recognize the dongle. After attempting to reset and try again multiple times I gave up and called Kessil.

Come to find out something in the new IOS software versions 13 and up has made the initial dongle setup get confused sometimes. Kessil helped walk me through these steps to fix the problem and it has worked flawlessly since. So if you experience the same thing try these steps it should get you up and going.

- Go into the WiFi settings on your mobile device and forget the network for the Kessil Dongle that you are connected to
- Delete the Kessil App from the your mobile device
- Turn mobile device off
- Hold the reset button on the dongle down for 10 seconds until the red light flashes rapidly
- Unplug the dongle from the A360X
- Plug the dongle back into the A360X
- Power up the mobile Device
- Download the App again
- Follow the initial setup instructions and it should be good to go

Thank you Kessil for answering the phone without me even having to wait on hold at all and guiding me through my very first reef aquarium light experience!!!
Thank you DN.
I worked on setting this up for a couple of hours yesterday evening. Tried agin this morning and then did a search on troubleshooting kessil wifi dongle and ran across your thread with excellent instructions. Everything went well and I activated my lights today.

Illini_Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried setting up two A360X with a dongle. It was really painful although I managed to get it done in the end.

You cannot believe it: the SSID printed on the stickers with the QR Code is WRONG. There’s one typo and so by scanning the QR code my iPhone cannot connect to the dongle. So you have to check the name of the actual network for the dongle, and then use the reverse of which as the password. Took me a long time to notice this.

But then it couldn’t find the 2.4GHz network of my Netgear ORBI router. After some Googling I fixed this by changing the setting of my ORBI router to NOT broadcast the 5GHz SSID. Only then the dongle was able to find the 2.4G network.

The lights are really beautiful though, especially the shimmers. I have a deep tank (almost 48 inches) and am coming from Radeon 4G to the A360X with the narrow reflectors. Hope to be able to get good results - fingers crossed!
Man- how’d you figure out the stickers were wrong. I’ve been at this for 2+ hours over two different days and then found your post. Solved the connection issue on my end

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back