Kevin's 120 with 40 gallon sump

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2.5-year-old 120 mostly SPS dominant and some hammer and torches. with a 40 gallon sump for cultivating three different types of pods. With at least 120 pounds of live rock and 60 pounds of live sand. This is a progressive double picture of from six months old on the first pic and two years old on second pic.

IMG_0329.jpg 20200223_163028 (1).jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

OP
OP
Kevin Hayward

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is the same colony but i wanted to show you the gold stripe in it also. sadly i lost that colony of wwc daydream from a large alk swing. it happened monday is when i noticed a suddenly massive drop in alkalinity or kh. with being a quadriplegic on life support so getting up will have to wait until tomorrow. since then i have been slowly bringing it back to where i had it.

20200223_173519.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin Hayward

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from 8bulb T5 Ati to a Reefbreeders Photon V2 48 inch after talking to Tim Herman about it and he told me what type of LEDs that he was using and I got one that weekend. I did not have the cash to buy the second one so I have to wait until after Christmas. I have gotin 5 20lb bags of caribsea fine oolite sand because the existing sand was very low and filled with old shells from old clean up crews. i will also get my doser going again along with my ATO and get back to growing some really nice coral!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin Hayward

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some recent pics of some hammers and torches that i will put up for sale to fund some SPS in the near future. and a older video. The reverse stem hammer has neon green stems behind the purple tips in the shape of a woman's basketball by the evening especially when fully open and green torches for days that has been grown for 13 years and both lived through a huge crash. Also a Unique corals cotton candy torch which I bought one head 1.5 inch that is gotten 3 heads and a purple with neon green tips indo torch with at least three to four heads. There might be more I'm not quite sure

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1284 (2).MOV
    63.7 MB
OP
OP
Kevin Hayward

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently adding 60 pounds of sand that is already in the tank but need to add 20 more pounds. Setting my tank up to be SPS dominant after I sell my nice LPS. Also adding more rock and much more.

OP
OP
Kevin Hayward

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While water damage is getting cleaned up in another house while my friend had taken my tank to his house. Taking care of everything while I'm in this house. He is a big help and good friend. I am waiting on the day I get to go and fill my tank up with every I need.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back