KH Director and ALK spikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently switched to the Triton Method so I have my KH Director only monitoring my ALK. Recently, I get an occasional large spike shown on the KH Director and then it reverts back to normal. If I test ALK using the Hanna checker it shows a normal reading. I've recalibrated multiple times. My KH Director PH probe is about 15 months old. Is this most like caused by the probe going bad?

2021-09-05.png

OP
OP
mwilk19

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update. I replaced the PH probe in my KH Director last month as it was becoming erratic. Even with the new probe I still get occasional spikes. Mostly the readings are pretty steady.

OP
OP
mwilk19

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you opened a ticket with GHL? Maybe @Vinny@GHLUSA can help.
I haven't. It happens about every 2 days for just one sample. I know it's not accurate because there's no way it could jump from 8.0 to 10.0 and then back to normal in a four hour cycle. It's better since I replaced the probe.

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently switched to the Triton Method so I have my KH Director only monitoring my ALK. Recently, I get an occasional large spike shown on the KH Director and then it reverts back to normal. If I test ALK using the Hanna checker it shows a normal reading. I've recalibrated multiple times. My KH Director PH probe is about 15 months old. Is this most like caused by the probe going bad?

2021-09-05.png
Are you sure there are no occasional air bubbles in the reagent line? That could explain these upward bumps.

OP
OP
mwilk19

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure there are no occasional air bubbles in the reagent line? That could explain these upward bumps.
I replaced the PH probe for the KH Director about a week after I posted this. It now only happens occasionally. When it does I just ignore it. I don't see any bubbles in the line but it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back